How To Treat Halitosis Or Bad Breath
People with bad breath may not just be suffering from bad oral hygiene. There are those who have illnesses and respiratory tract infections who have halitosis due to the accumulation of bacteria in the throat or the sinus tract. There is also focus on people who smoke and drink alcohol as these are common culprits of getting a foul odor in the mouth. Natural bad-smelling foods can also cause bad breath but should be easily solved by brushing the teeth, gums, and tongue.
There are also recommended ways of observing good oral hygiene. These steps can help you eliminate bad breath and prevent tooth decay and gum diseases. These are simple ways that one can do at home aside from visiting the dental clinic. Yet halitosis that is caused other than bad dental hygiene may need the expertise of a dental professional who can diagnose the issue better. Bad breath caused by gastritis and illnesses may also need the intervention of doctors from other medical fields.
These are some helpful tips to give you a fresher breath:
1) Maintain regular good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth at least twice a day. Use dental floss as part of the dental hygienic routine and gargle with mouthwash at least once a day. Use tongue scraper to remove bacteria build-up on the tongue.
2) Clean you dentures thoroughly every night and leave it out of your mouth so that you will get a clean set of dentures every morning. Clean it just the way you brush your teeth and avoid using soaps.
3) Avoid too much spicy foods and minimize caffeine and alcohol intake.
4) Rinse your mouth every after eating meat products or drinking or munching on dairy goods.
5) Avoid smoking.
6) Drink lots of water to hydrate body and prevent dry mouth.
7) Take advantage of herbs which are natural antibiotics such as fresh parsley. Aloe Vera has antimicrobial and antioxidant qualities which is why is has been used as an ingredient in toothpastes.
8) Fruits and vegetables that are crisp are natural mouth and teeth cleaners such as apple, cucumber, carrots, celery. Strawberry is also known to clean teeth aside from a healthful part of your regular diet.
9) For a quick breath freshener, chew sugarless gum since sugar is a food source for bacteria in the mouth.
These are some easy ways to start getting that fresh breath. Always maintain good oral health to prevent other diseases and make sure to be good to your teeth by avoiding vices.…