There is no one best weight loss diet for everyone because individuals differ in terms of personal profile and circumstance. However, certain diets, because of their strict adherence to natural and basic principles of weight loss, are suitable for most people. If you are looking at one such diet program, consider the following:
A mix of diet and exercise. Such mix must be based on the fact that diet contributes to 80% of weight loss while exercise makes up the other 20%. The diet must be based on scientific evidence and proven as well as safe methods. It must include variety and as far as possible, consist of all food groups.
Does not require fasting and skipping meals. In fact, the best diets recommend eating five times a day. Not the usual big three meals but five smaller ones using foods with specific nutritional examples of such foods would be vegetables, soy products, foods made with buckwheat, fish, tropical fruits, ginger, whole grain breads and legumes.
The diet should appreciate your biological instincts. It should allow you to choose what you eat, how you eat, when you eat and how much you eat. It would suggest that you give up casual eating or snacking on unhealthy foods, over sized portions, cravings and junk food.
Is designed for short term fast weight loss as well as long term maintenance. This could be based on a two phase or two stage approach. One to give you the results so that you will be sufficiently motivated and the other to help you keep off what you lose.
Does not focus on only one element of weight loss. Not just low carb, low fat or high protein but a healthy consideration of all the requirements for safe and healthy way to lose weight. Further, it should not require you to make drastic changes to your lifestyle. Perhaps, some small changes to your eating habits.
The diet must be designed and developed by qualified and experienced nutritionists. It must provide you with personal consultation as well as support. It is no good if you are given a plan and then left on your own to manage or overcome situations that may be of special concern to you.
While the above factors are key to your deciding on a weight loss diet, it is equally important that you pick one that is simple, easy and practical. It must be able to cater for different needs including vegetarianism. Bear in mind that it takes time to lose weight depending on how much you need to lose. You can certainly lose weight in a day, eat junk food or even starve and lose weight but it would be at the risk of injuring your general well being. Therefore, choose your weight loss diet carefully.…